Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:45 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC - 5 hours
Board index » Guild Information and Policies

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Sarielle
Officer
<Surreality>

Post subject: Things We Hope You Never Need to Know
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:29 pm 
Disputes

No matter how well we get along, disagreements are bound to happen.

- If you don't agree with a guild policy or decision, talk to me or post an articulate, well-reasoned explanation of your position on the guild forum. Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome. Flames are not.

- If you have a problem with another guild member, take it to whispers or ask an Officer to step in and mediate. Don't let minor disagreements erupt into major ones, especially in guild or raid chat. (Believe me, the rest of the guild doesn't want to hear it!)

- Excessive negativity, complaints and derogatory comments about policies, players or the guild as a whole are never appropriate, least of all in guild or public chat channels.

Guild Drama

We have a hitherto unwritten -- now written -- zero-tolerance policy for guild drama. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong: if you instigate or perpetuate drama, you will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including demotion, suspension of privileges and/or removal from the guild.

Cliques

Contrary to popular belief, we are not concerned by the existence of "cliques" in the guild. We ALL have close friends — and in some cases, real life friends and even family — that we enjoy and perhaps even prefer to play with. That's fine.

What is not fine is the exclusionary nature that these cliques tend to develop over time. When a clique

- makes others feel unwelcome;
- hinders progression by refusing to be separated;
- inspires the perception, if not the reality, of favoritism in raid composition or loot distribution; or
- leverages the threat of a collective /gquit to get what it wants at the expense of the guild's overall progression;

THEN it becomes a problem.

Please believe me when I say that while there is no one in the guild who isn't both welcome and valued, there is also no one I will hesitate to remove if their behavior becomes an impediment to others' enjoyment of the game.

Inactivity

If you're planning to be away from the guild for an extended period of time, let us know. Otherwise, we assume that characters who have been inactive in excess of 30 days have been abandoned and do periodically purge them from our roster.

If you return to the game after having been removed for inactivity, we are likely to invite you back, although you will lose any EPGP you had previously accrued.

Leaving the Guild (The "Not a Revolving Door" Clause)

We realize that not every guild is a good fit for every person. That said, if you decide that we aren't a good fit for you, we'll be disappointed, but we won't hold it against you if you decide to look for a better fit elsewhere -- provided that you talk to us about it, first.

If you aren't happy for any reason, then by all means, tell me. I may be able to work with you; I may not. But either way, I'll know where you're coming from and will have gained valuable feedback for the future. On the other hand, if I find out that you've applied to other guilds while wearing our tag and without making us aware of your situation first, then I will remove you and any alts you may have from our roster.

Surreality is, first and foremost, a community. Our highest goal is not to "beat the game," but to be something that you're proud to be a part of. We want you to want to be here! When we guilded you, we invested in you, we committed to you, and we entrusted our name in your hands. What we ask for in return is simple: respect our guild name and your fellow guild members, and act in the way that we all want Surreality to be known and remembered.

That said: of course we want to progress! We wouldn't be raiding if we didn't. But we want to progress together, as a guild. Evol of Chupathingy said it best: "We aren't gearing you up for bigger and better things; we're gearing you up so we can do the bigger and better things." We aren't a stepping stone to a more advanced guild, and won't tolerate being treated as such.

The bottom line is this: we aren't a revolving door. If you leave the guild without giving me the courtesy of an explanation, or if I am forced to remove you for any reason, then it is unlikely you will be invited to return.

Last edited by Sarielle on Thu May 08, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Report this post
Sarielle
Officer
<Surreality>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm 
Previous Section: Guild Bank Policies

Report this post
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Board index » Guild Information and Policies